Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
NORTH CHARLESTON HOUSING AUTHORITY (NCHA)
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR NORTH CHARLESTON HOUSING AUTHORITY (NCHA)
Welcome to the North Charleston Housing Authority ‘s (NCHA’s) preapplication for the Housing Choice Voucher Program, which includes Low-Income Tax Credit (LIHTC) and Rental Assistance Demonstration Property’s with Project-Based Rental Assistance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Disabled, elderly individual or a person(s) with limited English Proficiency (LEP) with limited ability to access the on-line Application may come to the office located at 6327 Rivers Ave., North Charleston, SC 29406 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on the day the wait list(s) are opened. Any request received after the opening date will not be considered.
To begin your application, please select the green “Start here”, box below. You must complete the entire pre-application to be placed on a waiting list. During the completion of the pre-application, you will be provided with a list of waiting lists for you to choose from. This list is based on the information you provide and the eligibility requirements for each open waiting list. Once your application is submitted, you will be given a confirmation number and information on how to manage your application moving forward.
Please gather the following information for each household member before applying:
- Full legal name
- Social Security numbers
- Birth Dates
- Valid Mailing Address
- Valid email address
Annual Income is not required but will be verified during the eligibility process.
Online pre-applications are accepted at any time while a waiting list is open. After applying, you will receive a confirmation number. This confirmation number shows your pre-application has been received. Applying does not guarantee placement on a waiting list. To check your status on the waiting list, please go to Applicant Portal at https://nchas.myhousing.com/Account/Login approximately 48 hours after your application has been submitted and registered.
- If you have previously applied to a waiting list and were removed, and now want to apply again, you will need to start a new application.
- If you have previously applied and registered in the portal, you would need to log in and apply to the list.
- If you are active on a wait list did not register in the portal, please contact the agency beforehand and obtain either the Entity ID or confirmation number.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, family size or email you must notify us within 10 business days of the change.
Please update your information by utilizing the Applicant portal at https://nchas.myhousing.com/Account/Login . Otherwise, ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
In order to receive assistance:
- The head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application.
- The household annual income cannot exceed the income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Please see current income limits.
- The applicant and all adult members of the household must pass a criminal background check.
- The applicant or any member of the household may never have been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally assisted housing or be subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program.
- Participation in the Section 8 HCV, PBV and LIHTC Program(s) is subject to all household members being eligible and in compliance with HUD regulations, NCHA policies and LIHTC rules and regulations when applicable.
The North Charleston Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, handicap, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
NOTICE: An applicant does not have any right or entitlement to be listed on the PHA waiting list, to any particular position on the waiting list, or to admission to the programs.
Enter your Agent Code here...